Eating well is key to maintaining your health and fitness, especially during busy times!
When not checking out the restaurant scene in Ottawa (our suggestions here), here are some resources for home meal prep and nutrition!
- The Dietitians of Canada provide a number of tools designed to help you self-assess your current lifestyle and eating habits including: eaTracker for food and activity choices, recipe analyzer, and nutria-eSTEP for parents.
- http://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/default.aspx – provides easy-to-use, and free nutrition information, a menu planner, and access to a registered Dietitian!
- http://www.cookspiration.com/ – A website and app created by Dieticians of Canada that serves up recipe ideas to suit your mood, cooking abilities, and schedule!
Budget and time-friendly recipes:
- Easy and quick 5-ingredient recipes from Eating Well
- Another set of fun 5-ingredient recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks: Just a Taste
- For those with more cooking abilities, try Budget Bytes for some great recipes in variety of cuisines