There are lots of lovely food bloggers in Ottawa covering the foodie scene!
Here are some of our favourite restaurants by neighbourhood:
- Pelican Fishery and Grill : Fresh seafood ready to order, OR, buy fresh seafood to take home and make yourself!
- Das Lokal: locally sourced and crafted contemporary resto with a German flair
- Benny’s Bistro: unassuming bistro and brunch place serving DELICIOUS food, tucked in behind a delectable French bakery
- Lowertown Brewery: Simple + delicious menu with locally crafted brews
- El Furniture Warehouse : all food menu items $4.95 + a rooftop patio
- Chez Lucien: quaint, cozy, pub in the Market with delicious burgers
- Ahora Mexican Cuisine: authentic, delicious Mexican cuisine in the Market!
- Clocktower Brewpub: also Westboro, New Edinburgh, Glebe, Ottawa’s first & longest running craft brewery serving local brews and delicious food
- Loft Boardgame Lounge: Board game lounge that shares its space with local microbrewery Waller St Brewing in a historic 19th century house! Two floors of local brews, fresh food, endless board games, video games and fun!
- 222 Lyon: affordable, delicious Spanish tapas bar in a historic 19th century house
- El Camino: Contemporary take-out tacos, arguably Ottawa’s best!
- Datsun : Asian eatery, late night take-out, with an excellent reputation.
- Whalesbone Oyster House: sustainable oyster bar, yummy (but pricey)
- Town : delicious, artisanal Italian bistro, on the higher end
- The Manx Pub: artsy basement pub, excellent brunch, lunch, dinner!
- Wilf and Ada’s: Ottawa’s best scratch diner. Try “Eggs in Purgatory”!
- Arlington Five: Wilf and Ada’s neighbour& sister cafe, serving awesome coffee, sandwiches, biscuits
- Jak’s Kitchen : local bistro serving locally/sustainably sourced goods, creative and delicious brunch, lunch, dinner and cocktails
- Biermarkt: chain restaurant with lots good food, and tons of beer on tap/bottles from around the world
- New Pho Bo Go La: Ottawa’s best Pho, not to be confused with Pho Bo Go La across the street!
- Koreana Restaurant: all you can eat Korean BBQ, cooked at your table!
- Jadeland : Cantonese and Szechuan cuisine yum yum
- Pressed: gourmet sandwich and coffee bar, with evening live music/open mic accompanied by cocktails and snacks!
- Joey Lansdowne: chic, upscale lounge cuisine in Lansdowne Park
- CRAFT Beer Market: over 100 craft beers on tap with delicious food pairings!
- Pints and Quarts: local pub and eatery
- The Rowan: artsy local eatery serving dinner, brunch, and everything between
- Soca Kitchen: raw bar and Spanish style dishes and tapas
- Supply and Demand: creative local, artisanal, and raw food bar
- The Ministry of Coffee and Social Affairs: all the amazing coffeeee from everywhere
- Hintonburg Public House: comfy local gastropub
- Bar Laurel: very well rated Spanish tapas and cocktails
- Black Cat Bistro: modern French-inspired fare, delicious, a bit pricey but worth it
- Pub Italia: Little Italy’s Irish pub with a huge beer bible, extensive food menu, and multiple patios in addition to an Abbey Beer Bar
- Le Kim Chi: highly rated Korean restaurant…om nom Kim Chi.
- Simply Biscotti: best biscotti and Italian pastries in Ottawa. Need we say more?
- Belmont: upscale traditional fare…eg. salad nicoise with seared albacore tuna. Yum.
- House of Targ: Pinball, Pierogies, live music – what more can be said??!
- Siam Kitchen: delicious Thai food.
- Life of Pie: What more needs to be said. So many pies. So many kinds of pie.
- Stella Luna Gelato: Ottawa’s best Gelato. Seriously. No really, go get some.
- Fraser Cafe: one of our favourites, seasonal cuisine made with refinement
- Coconut Lagoon: The best South Indian cuisine in Ottawa – hands down.
- Pili Pili Grilled Chicken (also in Byward Market): delicious charcoal grilled chicken
- Golden India: yummy East Indian and traditional Indian fare. Good burn!