Info for International Medical Graduates

Driving and Vehicle Registration 
  • Getting your licence is one of the first things most people need to do when they settle down. Service Ontario locations across Ottawa can help! Follow the link below for information on driver’s license and vehicle registration in Ontario! 
  • After getting your licence you need to register your vehicle. Here is a link to get more information.
  • Note: You may also need to get a emissions test and inspection done prior to getting your registration – call ahead or look online for information
Health Card
  • Go to Service Ontario to get your health card.  Information and forms can be found at these sites:
Document Verification
  • Need some documents verified? Need some information on registering with the ministry or changing your name? Follow the link below.
University Specific IMG services 
  • University of Ottawa has been using the Catholic Immigration Centre and Medical Licence Bridging Program for support of IMG physicians. Please see their site for more information
University Housing 
  • Looking for a place to live? Here are some University affiliated services.
Need Legal Advice?
  • The University of Ottawa Law program holds free community legal clinics.
  • Staffed by Lawyers and Law students
  • Provide assistance in – Legal Education, Landlord/Tenant issues, Family and Criminal cases. May also provide legal representation in the courts.